Cardio-Hepatology: Connections Between Hepatic and Cardiovascular Disease (신간POD상품)
신간POD(Printed On Demand/주문형서적) 상품 안내
이 도서는 신간POD상품입니다.
신간POD: 신간도서이나 출판사의 물류비 절감을 위해 주문시마다 제작하는 도서
Editors: Tatsunori Taniguchi, Samuel Lee
Published: September 2022
Imprint: Academic Press
Cardio-Hepatology: Connections Between Hepatic and Cardiovascular Disease provides a direct relationship between the cardiac and hepatic pathologies providing the link between the heart and liver and showing how liver diseases predispose to impairment in heart functioning and vice versa. Considering the growing number of patients living (and living longer) with heart failure and/or congenital heart disease, it is important to know when and how to test for liver disease in this population, how to interpret abnormal test results, and what management is appropriate. Coverage includes what should be done for patients to limit, avoid, or postpone the impairment in the liver functioning induced by heart diseases and the impairment in the heart functioning induced by liver diseases, on the basis of scientific-exposed evidence and pathophysiology knowledge. This comprehensive, extended review of the medical literature is perfect for researchers interested in the connection between cardiology and hepatology as well as clinicians making therapeutic decisions for patients suffering from heart or liver chronic diseases.
- Reviews and discusses all current knowledge about the interactions between heart and liver pathologies
- Provides guidance on current topics surrounding the assessment of the liver in heart failure
- Presents important clinical cardiovascular assessments in cirrhotic patients
Researchers interested in the connection between cardiology and hepatology as well as clinicians making therapeutic decisions for patients suffering from heart or liver chronic diseases
Table of Contents
1. Physiological connection between heart and Liver
2. Epidemiology of liver diseases in heart failure
3. Liver function tests in heart failure
4. Histopathology of the liver in heart failure
5. Hypoxic hepatitis and passive liver congestion
6. Prognostic value of liver assessment in heart failure (including liver stiffness measurement)
7. Cirrhotic cardiomyopathy (including hemodynamic change in cirrhosis)
8. Congenital heart disease and the liver disease
9. Fatty liver diseases and heart diseases
10. Alteration in the Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of drugs used for heart failure management in cirrhosis
About the Editors
Dr. Taniguchi is a cardiologist at the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan, with research interests in crosstalk between heart and other organs in heart failure. He has won several awards for research including the 2014 Japan Circulation Society (Kinki Regional Scientific Meeting) Young Investigator’s Award and the Japan Society of Ultrasound Sonics in Medicine Prize for Encouragement. He served as a representative of U-40 heart failure network in Japan in 2018. He is also a member of Japan International Young Committee at Japan Circulation Society from 2018.
Dr. Lee is a professor of Medicine (Hepatology) at the University of Calgary, Canada, with research interests in cardiovascular complications of cirrhosis and viral hepatitis. He has won several awards for teaching and research including the Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal in 2002, the Canadian Association of the Study of Liver (CASL) Distinguished Service Award, 2015, CASL/CLF Gold Medal in 2021, and has lectured in more than 50 countries. He is a past-president of CASL, International Association for Study of Liver (IASL), and the International Ascites Club. He served as editor-in-chief of Liver International from 2008 to 2013. He chairs the steering committee for the Canadian HCV database registry CANUHC (Canadian Network Undertaking against Hepatitis C).